Sunday, September 19, 2010

A- For "Empire in Black and Gold" by Adrian Tchaikovsky

A- For "Empire in Black and Gold" by Adrian Tchaikovsky

I'm not sure where I was recommended these books, but they are good. I think that I am interested more because of the idea of the "kinden" than anything else (which are basically various races of humans that, basically, take on some of the characteristics of insects), but that's good enough for me. It's a great concept and it helps make some of the lines an author needs to navigate a bit easier, and that makes for a better novel in this case.

I'd rate these almost on par with Joe Abercrombie's "First Law" series, but I'd recommend everyone to read GRRM first, as I always do. This isn't a bad place to look if you want some interesting fantasy though!  I'm currently finished up to the fourth book.

No comments:

Post a Comment