Sunday, September 19, 2010

B+ for "Goblin Quest" by Jim C. Hines

B+ for "Goblin Quest" by Jim C. Hines

This book was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Sometimes you have to take a break from the bleak desolation and horrific betrayal common in most fantasy stories (which I tend to enjoy) these days. If you've ever played dungeons and dragons, or even have an idea what that is, you'll find this book to be quite funny. Although There were a couple times where I stopped to ask myself, "Would that really have happened? Is that possible?" I kept going anyways. The main character, a near-sighted goblin constantly at-odds with his clumsiness, is a wonderfully realized character and his questioning of human motivations was always entertaining.
Be aware that this novel isn't in the same vein as what I usually read and review, but it was an enjoyable departure nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment